The Latest: Indiana man killed in standoff wore body armor

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The most recent on an Indiana police standoff pursuing the shooting of two people (all periods community):

5:40 p.m.

Authorities say a man shot dead by an Indiana State Law enforcement tactical team, ending a two-day standoff, was donning system armor and had instructed acquaintances that he wanted a shootout with officers.

Terre Haute law enforcement spokesman Officer Ryan Adamson says the person was putting on overall body armor when he was killed soon soon after midday Tuesday while in the city about 70 miles west of Indianapolis. His name has not been unveiled.


Law enforcement Chief John Plasse states acquaintances in the male informed investigators “that this is what precisely he wanted, a shootout with police.”

Police say the standoff began about four:30 p.m. Monday after the male killed 40-year-old Amanda Kerns and significantly wounded a person whose title hasn’t been introduced.


two:ten p.m.

Authorities say an Indiana State Law enforcement tactical staff has shot and killed a person suspected of killing a woman and wounding somebody else, ending a standoff on its 2nd day.

State Law enforcement Sgt. Joe Watts suggests the suspect died for the scene in Terre Haute, a city about 70 miles west of Indianapolis. His title has not been released.

The standoff ended soon just after midday Tuesday, or approximately twenty hours immediately after it started.

Law enforcement say the man killed a 40-year-old lady and wounded anyone else inside of a Terre Haute house and afterwards fled to another residence about 2 miles absent in which authorities caught as many as him.


ten:fifteen a.m.

A police standoff has entered its next day outside of the western Indiana household exactly where a man suspected of shooting two people is holed up.

The standoff commenced Monday just after authorities say the person fled immediately after fatally taking pictures a 40-year-old female and significantly wounding a different human being inside of the dwelling in Terre Haute, that’s about 70 miles west of Indianapolis.

Terre Haute officers tracked down the suspect to the house about two miles absent and surrounded it about four:30 p.m. Monday. The suspect was nevertheless holed up there Tuesday morning.

A law enforcement spokesman, Officer Ryan Adamson, claims the suspect has fired at police but hasn’t strike any person. He says two SWAT teams that kept watch to the house right away were being being relieved Tuesday morning by State Police.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here