The first nation that most of the Indians consider if they want to migrate to another nation is Canada which is one of the most famous immigration destinations n the world due to several factors. 1904 was the year when the Indian belonging to the Sikh community immigrated to and landed in Vancouver. At that time Canadian immigration policy was much more flexible than it is today. Though for some time Canada chose to make its policy on immigration tough, especially towards the non-Europeans; in the 1960s, it was rebooted to make it unbiased for people of every nation and origin.
Indian Immigrants in Canada
Each year almost 30,000 Indians are given the permanent resident status in Canada and many more visit there to study or work. Today, Indians are present in almost every Canadian city and province, and a majority of them have settled in British Columba, Ontario and more than half million Indo-Canadians live in Toronto. They are the third largest immigrant population who are not of European descent.
Immigrating to Canada
If you wish immigration to Canada from India then you will be required to apply for the Permanent Residency Visa in Canada from India. To obtain this visa, one is required to apply for one of many point-based Canada immigration programs. If you satisfy the eligibility criteria, then the immigration process and getting a visa will be much more smooth and easy.
Documents Required for the Canadian Permanent Resident Application from India
- Proof of sufficient funds required to support the application
- Education Credential Assessment
- The originals, copies as well as the official translation of the documents supporting the application
- Educational degrees certificates, diploma
- Personal identification documents
- Sponsor letter (if possible)
- Skill assessment test
- Language proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL, etc)
- And any other documents asked in the visa application
Basic Process for Immigration to Canada from India
To begin the Canada immigration process from India, you can get into any of the multiple programs and apply to receive the Permanent Residency in Canada. The major programs under this process are –
- Skilled immigration Program
- Self-employed Persons Program
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
- Start-up Visa, which is given to the individuals who have the fund and idea to start a business
- Sponsorship programs
- Most of these programs are point based and you have to meet the eligibility criteria to score sufficient points. These points are scored on the basis of your educational qualification, work experience, language proficiency (English and French).
The PR visa application process
After you are invited to apply for the PR visa through these immigration programs, you will have to apply for the PR visa in the Canadian Immigration centre located in India. This process will then begin through the high commission or the Canadian embassy. Then you will be asked to do the following –
- Submit the visa application
- Deposit the application fee
- You will have to attend the interview with the Immigration Representative
- You will have to provide the certificates based on medical health, character, etc.
After you meet the basic eligibility and clear all he stages successfully, getting your PR visa for Canada will become a reality.