– The Giants have their fans’ hopes up so high now with this particular Giancarlo Stanton quest. If it flops, Plan B are going to be an exceedingly tough offer. The fall in enjoyment could make it extra like Strategy P … as in punt.
– Yikes, could you think about relocating off Stanton to Billy Hamilton? Nope, not even kicking the tires on that.
– You surprise if the Giants experienced a Stanton recruiting bash such as Warriors did if they sweet-talked Kevin Durant inside the Hamptons. If so, did they’ve got a salesman as persuasive as Draymond Eco-friendly?
– If we’re Brian Sabean and Bobby Evans, we actually bring Durant to the Stanton conference in conjunction with the guarantee of some quite sweet Warriors seats. In fact, the Giants and Dubs will be digital next-door neighbors inside of a couple of years.
– Hey, you would like the man, flaunt the Bay Area’s most effective assets. Pay attention up, Giancarlo, even if you have all of that money, how are you presently gonna properly expend it in dreary old St. Louis? For one thing, that city does not even have an NBA workforce, permit alone a superb a person.
– And a different matter: Participate in in this article, you obtain in over the ground ground of your Jimmy Garoppolo Era. Believe of the advertising alternatives in a very Garoppolo/Giancarlo Display!
– So Stanton might take a minimal little bit of a state tax strike coming in this article. He’ll get it back around the resale of regardless of what epic estate he chooses to buy.
– If Stanton does agree to come to the Giants and Barry Bonds winds up having any impact on it whatsoever, start off erecting that Bonds statue posthaste.
– Stanton did convey to the Miami Herald in late August that he and Bonds still talked consistently throughout 2017 and that his former Marlins batting coach offered valuable tips in the course of his best-ever time. Hmm. Every tiny little bit will help.
– Consider what you will, but ESPN’s Residence Run Tracker incorporates a powerful ballpark overlay resource which maintains all but a person of Stanton’s fifty nine home operates also would’ve been out at AT&T Park. Most of them would have been way, way out.
– While the Giants preoccupy themselves with their Stanton pursuit, it would be just such as the A’s to pull off Shohei Otani. Do that, Billy, and the brass can build that ballpark anywhere they darn well please.
– Almost half of your field is effectively eliminated on Otani anyway, so don’t rule out Oakland. No way the young two-way Japanese star likely to the National League, where he would have to participate in while in the field on days he’s not pitching. Risk that arm diving for fly balls? May well as well enable him ride dirt bikes, too.
– The A’s hired Matt Williams to become their third base mentor and now they have got signed Yusmeiro Petit. We see a trend. What upcoming, Tim Lincecum’s grand comeback in Oakland?
– Our 2017 Hall of Fame ballot is complete, with no help from Joe Morgan: Bonds, Roger Clemens, Vlad Guerrero, Trevor Hoffman, Chipper Jones, Mike Mussina, Curt Schilling, Jim Thome, and for the first time, Edgar Martinez. We finally surrender to his many persuasive lobbyists.
– It says in this article the Morgan letter on Cooperstown stationery urging Hall of Fame voters to avoid suspected PED users (re: Bonds, Clemens) is about to backfire. First, responsible voters studied the pros and cons on this issue years ago. Second, nobody likes being bullied on a vote.
– When Willie Mays says he does not want Bonds in, OK, maybe we’ll believe twice about it.
– Wow, it’s been 20 years since Latrell Sprewell choked P.J. Carlesimo? How time flies when you’re trying to forget.
– The upshot is that Steve Kerr could explain to any one particular of his current Warriors stars to put somewhat a lot more mustard on their passes and totally get away with it.
– We’re as jacked as anybody that Tiger Woods is back on the links within a competitive golf event, not only playing pain-free but playing well. But talk to us when he’s doing it at Augusta, not the Bahamas.
– Good timing for Garoppolo to make his 49ers starting debut in his Chicago dwelling stomping grounds. The Lake Michigan winter does not settle in until later following week.
– We’ll be “chained” for the Raiders-New York Giants game Sunday. It should be against the law to have to watch that Giants staff for the second time in a month, particularly minus Eli. Raiders lose to those jokers, it’s over.
– Finally, extremely strange to watch the World Cup draw without Italy or the United States inside the mix. Ah, well, who cares? Go Iceland!